In response to the
Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on law enforcement and other
first responders, the National Police Foundation (NPF), in
collaboration with the National Alliance for Public Safety GIS (NAPSG)
Foundation and Esri, has developed a real-time COVID-19 situational awareness tool for
law enforcement agencies. The tool, featuring a real-time dashboard,
provides critical insights for executives, commanders, administrators and other
decision-makers to better assess and monitor the impact of COVID-19 on our
nation’s first responders, including officer exposures, diagnoses, workforce
impacts, and personal protective equipment (PPE) needs and projections.
The interactive tool allows agencies to provide confidential, real-time updates that are instantly incorporated into the national dashboard and map. The dashboard identifies:
- number of officers exposed
- number of officers officially tested with a positive diagnosis
- number of officers placed in off-duty status due to exposure
- number of officers that are self-isolating due to symptoms or off-duty exposure
The dashboard also estimates the availability of necessary PPE, the most critical PPE that agencies are lacking, and current and projected shortages of PPE.
Basic EOC Training Materials
One of the many challenges facing all jurisdictions during the
COVID-19 response is the ongoing need to staff Emergency Operations Centers and
other coordination centers with trained personnel. We are all facing long-term
sustained operations with no outside relief anticipated.
Cal OES and the California Specialized Training Institute recognize that jurisdictions at every level have an immediate need to train new staff to build their EOC cadres. To help you meet that need, we have placed basic EOC training materials online. These materials can be downloaded and used by your own experienced staff to provide initial training for new EOC assignees.
We are also working to develop interactive online courses that individuals can access directly and complete at their convenience. We will announce those as soon as they are available.
Available Materials Based Courses:
CSTI PLANNING & INTELLIGENCE
CSTI FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
To create an account in the CSTI LMS:
1. Visit CSTI.ORG or https://csti-ca.csod.com/. Click the green register button on the center of the screen.
2. Follow the on screen instructions to set up your account.
To login to the LMS:
1. Visit CSTI.ORG
2. Click the purple Login button center of the screen. On the Login Page enter the e-mail and password you used to register.
To locate the Materials Based courses within the CSTI LMS:
1. Use the LMS home menu to navigate to MENU
> CSTI Courses > Browse for Training
2. Select the small document icon to filter Materials Based Courses.
3. Select the Materials Based Training you wish to take.
4. Select Launch
5. A new blank window will open, and the download of the document will be shown below. (Your browser may show a slightly different view). Once downloaded, click the small arrow icon and choose “open”. The Power Point will open.
6. To complete the course and receive a completion certificate navigate to your LMS Transcript and Mark Complete.
Menu > Home > Universal Profile – Use Mark Complete Button next to materials based course name.
7. These presentations can be downloaded by any user.
Register for CSTI Courses: Visit the Learning Management System and create an account. Click the green “Register” button located on the center of the screen, and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account.
Browse for training: Login to the Learning Management System. On the top menu bar select “CSTI Courses” then “Browse for Training” and search or filter results to find available courses.